Learn about 5 surprising CBD side effects from improved skin to cognitive benefits. CBD continues to surprise the health and wellness community with the benefits of its use. CBD is one of many compounds that comes from the cannabis Sativa plant and interacts with neuroreceptors within our bodies. This interaction helps to regulate our moods, appetite, sleep, immune system, and more.
CBD is known to possess anti-inflammatory properties, which offer a multitude of health benefits. But CBD has hidden potential for additional health and beauty benefits, and many of them are relatively unknown. Until now! Keep reading to discover five surprising effects of CBD that you probably didn’t know about before.
CBD Oil is Great for Your Skin
CBD comes in many forms, including oil-based products that can be applied directly to the skin. Many people rub CBD oil onto their body to manage the pain beneath the surface, like achy joints and sore muscles. But CBD is surprisingly beneficial to our skin itself, too.
- Dermatologists say that one of the most promising uses of CBD oil is for the treatment of skin disorders like itchy skin. Researchers believe that cannabinoids interact with brain signals coming from nerve endings in the skin, and that CBD may be able to “turn off” these itchy skin signals.
- Their research also indicates that cannabinoid receptors in the skin may be able to help decrease the growth of excess skin cells, which is a common issue among people with psoriasis.
- For treating acne, the anti-inflammatory qualities of CBD help keep the body’s oil glands in check. Dermatologists have found that reduced inflammation helps prevent overproduction of oil from these glands, which can clog the pores of the skin with dirt and bacteria.
- CBD oil is also great for promoting skin elasticity and healing scars.
So, even if you’re not dealing with particular conditions or discomfort, you still may find that adding CBD oil to your regular skincare routine can help you look and feel great.
CBD Protects Your Brain
Did you know that CBD is believed to have neuroprotective qualities? That means it can help protect your brain. Since CBD works with the body’s endocannabinoid system, it’s directly involved with the sending and receiving of brain signals. This connection with CBD is proving to be surprisingly beneficial to all things neuro.
- CBD is an antioxidant with anti-inflammatory properties, and researchers believe these qualities offer significant protection against disorders such as Alzheimer’s and even Parkinson’s disease.
- CBD looks to be a promising option for treating epilepsy and multiple sclerosis. CBD oil has been proven to significantly reduce the number of seizures caused by epilepsy, and decrease muscle spasms in MS patients experiencing muscle-spacity.
- CBD is also proving to be an effective way to manage neuropathic pain, especially where other methods have failed. Ongoing research indicates that CBD treats chronic pain for both cancer and non-cancer related conditions.
- CBD appears to be especially useful in alleviating itchy, painful sensations in those suffering significant neuropathy.
Clearly, CBD is a viable option for both the protection and treatment of various neuro-functions.
CBD May Prevent Hair Loss
Another lesser-known benefit of CBD is its potential to prevent hair loss and promote new growth. Who wouldn’t want a healthier head of hair? Both lifestyle factors and genetics can contribute to hair loss, which affects large majorities of the population. Fortunately, recent research proves that these issues may be remedied by using CBD.
- CBD is known for reducing anxiety and sleep insomnia, which are two major contributors to hair loss.
- Androgenetic alopecia, or AGA, is the most common cause for hair thinning and baldness in both men and women, and generally just comes with age. Upwards of 50% of men suffer from this type of hair loss by age fifty, with it becoming significant for women after menopause.
- A new study found that both men and women who consistently applied CBD oil to their scalp saw successful regrowth after six months, with an increase in growth of over 93%! Results in men are slightly better than those for women, but still encouraging all around.
If you want to improve the health of your hair, you might dab some CBD up there!
CBD Reduces the Need for Opioids
Since CBD is well known as an anti-inflammatory, it’s on its way to becoming a popular natural option to alleviate severe pain without the need for opioids. This exciting new breakthrough means a lot for the general public – not just in terms of pain management, but also in curbing opioid addiction.
- CBD doesn’t create dependency that other pain relievers may create, nor is it addictive. Many sufferers of chronic pain use CBD to manage their pain, without any adverse side effects.
- CBD may help to alleviate an already occurring opioid dependency. While further study is needed, research indicates the promising application of CBD in treating active addiction.
- In one recent study, the use of CBD appeared to greatly improve the symptoms of patients with disorders of opiate-use. After just one week of using CBD, Study subjects saw significantly reduced levels of salivary cortisol, withdrawal anxiety, cravings, and resting heart rates.
- Previous studies have already proven CBD’s effectiveness in reducing psychiatric symptoms for patients with substance-abuse disorders, so researchers are now looking to CBD as an effective treatment for opioid addiction.
Like we mentioned before, CBD continues to surprise the health community with the benefits of its use, and the potential to reduce opioid dependency is one of the most promising developments.
CBD Helps with Diabetes
Diabetes usually occurs when high glucose levels disrupt cells within the body, creating various health complications. But CBD can help manage, and even prevent, these diabetic conditions.
- Recent research suggests that CBD may be promising as an alternative treatment for diabetics, since it offers a natural way to help the body regulate insulin levels. CBD appears to increase levels of the hormone that ensures proper amounts of insulin are released from the foods we digest.
- CBD decreases the body’s levels of resistin, which is a hormone that causes a resistance to insulin.
- CBD has been found to reduce the effects of high glucose, which can help to prevent diabetes from developing altogether.
- Cannabinoids can help with plaque buildup inside arteries, which leads many people to also look to BCD as part of their heart disease protocol, for the same reasons it’s utilized for diabetes.
So, whether you’re currently dealing with diabetes, or simply looking to prevent it and other related conditions, you may consider including CBD as part of your diet.
These are only a handful of the benefits that CBD can bring – there are plenty of additional ways that CBD use can improve your everyday life. Plus, there’s an abundance of scientific research that proves its effectiveness. And with a variety of ways to get CBD into your body, it’s incredibly easy to make it part of your daily routine. Now is the time to put CBD on your list of health priorities. << insert call to action >> (contact us, shop our store, find out more, etc.)